Your questions, answered.

How is my money being put to use?

As of now, 75% of your Vera contribution prevents 250 plastic bottles from entering our oceans every month. The remaining 25% goes towards growing the company — allowing us to create more awareness, attract new members, and cover our web & transaction fees.

Trust and transparency is part of what defines us. That's why every contribution we make to our partner Plastic Bank is available to view on our open ledger. Our membership revenue is also made open to the public.

Why join Vera rather than donating directly to a charity?

By joining Vera, you can see exactly how your money is being invested, and the impact that it's making. Members also get access to a personalized dashboard with exclusive perks, making the charity experience a lot more rewarding.

How is plastic prevented from entering our oceans?

1. With the help of Plastic Bank, Impoverished countries with no waste-collecting systems are empowered to collect ocean-bound plastic, which creates new jobs for those in need.

2. Collectors bring the plastic to Plastic Bank stores in exchange for digital currency via the blockchain platform. That's how everything is accurately tracked.

3. What gets recycled is repurposed to make new products. What can't get recycled is sent to efficient, low-emission waste management facilities.

How can you prove my impact?

Since the collected plastic gets exchanged for digital currency via the blockchain, every transaction is recorded. This makes our impact fully accurate and transparent.

We're currently in the works to make our blockchain dashboard available to the public. In the meantime, you can read more about how IBM's blockchain technology helps us prevent plastic from entering our oceans here.

Why is cleaning the ocean so important?

The ocean is the largest interconnected ecosystem on Earth, it is the planet's life support system. Our oceans contribute to the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the food we eat. By not taking care of our oceans, we're not taking care of ourselves.

Can I cancel my membership anytime?

Yes. Your subscription is a month-to-month membership and can be cancelled at any time.

Have more questions?

We'd love to hear from you

Say hello